Scout Rifle Course - Level 1 (SRC-L1)
This Level 1 Precision Scout Rifle course offers individuals the basics of scout rifle training. This 3-day course provides instruction on the best practices of handling a rifle and marksmanship by our Master Instructor, Ron Gasper, former U.S. Navy SEAL.
Day 1: Basic Marksmanship & Field Craft Training
- Rifle, scope and supporting equipment familiarization.
- Fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.
- Zeroing your rifle (100 yards).
- Marksmanship skills (100 - 300 yards).
- Introduction to observation techniques.
- Principles of camouflage and concealment.
Day 2: Mid-range Marksmanship & Field Craft Training
- Establish come-ups, holdovers, DOPE (200, 300, 400 & 500 yds).
- Stealth movement, terrain use and camouflage techniques.
- Establish firing positions and surveillance/observation drills.
Day 3: Advanced Marksmanship & Application Training
- Range Estimation and Unknown Distance Shooting.
- Introduction to Movers and Calling Wind.
- Team Shooting Drills and Fun Steel Challenges.
- Final Training Exercise/s (FTXs).
A detailed gear list and more information for attending will be provided once registration is complete.
Note: We have several rifles with scope/optics mounted for rent. Let us know if you need to rent one.
Course Includes: Three days of instruction
Course Features: Classroom/Range
Additional range fees may apply.